Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tuesday With Morrie


Well... My latest reading, after a series of Malcom Gladwell's book...
If i'm not mistaken, this book was written last decade, 1997... I was still a young girl back then. But seriously, i find this book absolutely inspiring!!! :)
I constantly have these goosebumps and touching moments throughout my whole reading! GOSH... thats been a long time since a book does this to me... :P
If you do happened to have a chance reading this, PLEASE DO... you won't regret it... and i hope that it'll inspire you they way as it has inspired me! :)
The ‘Touchy-Feely’ Course
An exercise that Morrie had his students did during his course.
Let me quote a small paragraph that really touched me from the book.

On this day, Morrie says he has an exercise for us to try. We
are to stand, facing away from our classmates, and fall backwards, relying on
another student to catch us. Most of us are uncomfortable with this, and we
cannot let go for more than a few inches before stopping ourselves. We laugh in
embarrassment.

Finally, one student, a thin, quiet,
dark-haired girl whom I notice almost always wearing bulky white fisherman
sweaters, crosses her arms over her chest, closes her eyes, leans back, and does
not flinch, like one of those Lipton tea commercials where the model splashes
into the pool.


For a moment, I am sure she is going to thump of the floor.
At the last instant, her assigned partner grabs her head and shoulders and yanks
her up harshly.


“Whoa!” several students yell. Some clap.

Morrie finally smiles.

“You see,” he says to the girl, “you closed your eyes. That
was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see; you have to
believe what you feel. And if you are ever to have other people trust you, you
must feel that you can trust them, too – even when you’re in the dark. Even when
you’re falling.”

Wow... right after i finish the last word of that paragraph... I can feel the moist in my eyes... Hmmm but then again, this is really a subjective matter, cause different people might have different judgement for this kind of feeling. Anyway... i just wanted to share this wonderful book with you all... hope you'll enjoy it too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment